Monday, September 04, 2006
My first post
Okay, this is my first blog so I don't really know what I'm doing. At least I'm writing about something I know pretty well which is mass media. Since I doubt anyone is going to read this outside of our Mcom 72 class, I'll probably write my blog knowing that you guys will be my audience. So we all know that our first blog is supposed to be about how I would define myself as a media consumer. I know that I'm someone who enjoys consuming a lot of media. I especially watch a lot of TV. Mostly sports or comedies. I watch a lot of ESPN, lots of football and basketball games, and I don't miss any 49ers or Warriors games. For comedy, the shows I watch most would be Seinfeld and South Park because these shows are on reruns so often. Another media that takes up a lot of my time is music. I mostly listen to hip hop. Not many popular artists, mostly old stuff and also some people today who aren't real well known. My favorite artists would probably be Mos Def, Talib Kweli, The Roots, and A Tribe Called Quest. I don't watch a lot of movies unless all of my friends are going out to see something. I also spend a lot of time on the internet, usually looking at sports websites, so I'll probably post some links on here with my favorite sites. As far as reading printed media I don't read any books, and I barely ever read magazines, but I do read the sports section in the Mercury on most days. I also like to read the comics and the rest of the Entertainment section from time to time. I also go online to read sports articles from the SF Chronicle, the Oakland Tribune or other local papers. To summarize myself as a media consumer I would say that I watch more TV than anyone I know, and I also spend a lot of time on the internet and listening to music.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Great start, though a bit late. You'll have to work on catching up.
Post a Comment